Monday, December 17, 2012

Gun Control

Before the incident happened in Connecticut, I was neutral to whether or not the consumption on firearms should be supervised more cautiously. Obviously what Adam Lanza did was unforgivable and ruthless, but a good question comes to my mind when I think about this; Was the tragedy due to Adam Lanza's known mental illness, or was it due to the negligence of firearms sellers?

Of course a mentally-disabled person cannot be deemed trustworthy with a firearm, but is this really a reason to tighten the privilege of gun selling? I think it is. The saying "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" does apply here, but by limiting and cautiously supervising the distribution of firearms to people, gun crimes can go down tremendously. Personally, I believe that Adam got his hands on the firearms so easily because of the different firearm bearing laws in Connecticut, and the fact that the people that sold him the guns weren't aware of Adam's mental condition. This is why the distribution of firearms should be tightened in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment